London petrol stations damaged by anti-oil protesters
Police have made a number of arrests after protesters damaged petrol stations in London.
The Met said several petrol stations were targeted on Friday morning "causing disruption and damaging pumps".
Climate group Just Stop Oil said 51 of its members were disrupting seven petrol stations across the capital.
They made fuel pumps unusable by breaking display glass and covered them in spray paint.
The Met tweeted officers are at the scene at each targeted petrol station and specialist teams are removing those who are glued to petrol pumps.
- Arrests are ongoing after protestors glued themselves to pumps and the road at a petrol station in Western Avenue, Ealing
- Five men were arrested for criminal damage after targeting a petrol station on the Albert Embankment in central London
- Five people have been arrested for criminal damage after protestors caused damage at a petrol station in Talgarth Road, Hammersmith
- Eight men and women were arrested for criminal damage, highway obstruction and related offences after protesting at a petrol station in Ealing Road, Brentford
- Five men and two women were arrested after damage was caused to pumps at The Vale in Acton
Police said protestors also set off flares and unfurled a banner on Westminster Bridge.
Just Stop Oil has repeatedly protested against new oil projects. On Wednesday the group targeted three service stations on the M25 motorway.
Tez Burns, 34, a bicycle mechanic, from Swansea, taking part in the protest on Friday, said: "I can't live with myself, knowing what I know, without doing all I can to stop new oil and gas.
"We are suffering the worst cost-of-living crisis in 40 years and facing climate breakdown because of our dependence on oil.
"Yet the government is allowing energy companies to drive us into poverty with skyrocketing energy bills, and is failing to protect us from the consequences of climate collapse.
"Enough is enough."
Follow BBC London on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram. Send your story ideas to firstname.lastname@example.org